Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trust Me I Have a Coupon for That...

Hi everyone!  Sorry I have been nursing a stress fracture as well as vacationing to Las Vegas with friends.  While down there I was able to snag some FABULOUS deals that I want to share with you. 

Upon arrival solo in the amazing city at the ripe hour of 6 AM :/  I contemplated what I was going to do to kill time until our hotel allowed me to check-in as well as until the other girls arrived.  The concierge allowed me to store my luggage with them for free and they also offered a free shuttle to the grocery store and then another free shuttle to the outlet malls.  I decided to take advantage of this since everyone knows how expensive taxis can be especially in this lovely city (I swear the taxi drivers take the longest route possible).  While at the grocery store I loaded up on snacks to avoid having to pay the ridiculous jacked up prices ( FYI even Subway charges $1.35 extra for the SAME EXACT sandwich).  After returning back and putting my luggage in the room that I was able to allow them to let me check-in to 2 hours early :) I jumped on the next shuttle to the outlets!!  My first was to the Information Booth so I could pick-up the coupon book and have access to exclusive coupons for every store.  They typically charge $5, but I asked them how I could get one for free and the nice gentleman told me to show my out-of-state license and I could have one.  I decided while I read through the booklet and mapped out a game plan I would get my hair curled by the nice lady offering.  She was super nice even after I was brutally honest with her about having no intensions of purchasing her special straightner an still curled all my hair.  This allowed me ample time to decide that my poor swollen, nasty fractured foot deserved new running shoes!  The Nike Store offered a coupon for $25 off a purchase of $100.  I knew the Nike Airs that I wanted were $129, so I figured I was good to go!  After trying on the shoes and absolutely falling in love with the comfort the salesman informed me that I could save almost $50 by buying the "child's version" of the shoes.  I laughed hysterically and assured him my size 8 1/2 feet were definitely NOT child's size.  He then told me that a 7M in kids is equivalent to my size.  YIPPY!!!  Not only were these shoes cheaper, but so much cuter too!!  I then was able to get this jacket for basically free by using that coupon I found in the outlet booklet. 

Another great way to save is to take a peak inside the coupon books the hotel provides.  While walking to Denny's at 4 A.M. with my girlfriends I announced we would be saving $10 off of our meal due to my coupon that I found.  They all laughed and stated that only I would do such an awesome thing! 

Icing the ol foot with my hot water from SBUX!
In the end never let a price be bottom line, research it out and BARGAIN.... BARGAIN... BARGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment